It's me!

It's me!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Living Food Lifestyle Is More Than The Changes Of Your Dinner Plate

When I started a raw, living food journey, little did I know I found "myself" in me. This raw, living food journey transformed me not only physically, but spiritually and mentally as well (I am about 95% raw, living.  During the winter time, I do eat hot vegetable soup and cooked brown rice).  If you ask my husband, Jim, (we have been together for 22 years), I used to see things half empty.  I was a worry wart and thought of what "if" all the time.  Now, I see things half full with positive outlook and attitude.  Don't get me wrong; I have moments of doubts or feeling down, but it is very rare.

I find myself appreciate my present life so much more with gratitude. Tangible materials did not matter when I was dealing with painful health challenges.  I learned that nothing matters more than my own health.  When my health was taken away from me, I was not able to enjoy what mattered to me.  I felt betrayed by my own body.  At times, I imagined that I traded my current body for a painfree new one like the movies. Wishful thinking!!!!

I used to take things for granteed. I never appreciated life force energy, food.  I just ate.  I never gave any thoughts on how food got on my plate. Now, I have a great deal of appreciation towards to earth, soil, nature, water, air...... Everyday of my life is a gift. 

I am very proud of who I am today. My goal in life is when I ask myself, "any regrets?, I want my answer to be "I have done well."  I know I am walking and living on that path.

No comments:

Post a Comment